Welcome to Texas History!! Our history is rich and storied here in Texas. We will have a lot of fun learning and exploring Texas history this year.
Remember to do your reading this week from the Discover Texas CD-Rom. Come to class prepared to discuss the topics in your reading. If you are having difficulty finding the right files, let me know (email, comment here, text, or even call). You need to open the powerpoint file (PC users) or PDF file (Mac users) to access the curriculum, as I showed you on the first day of class.
Reading for this week:
1)Volume I, Chapter 2
Homework for this week:
1) Get familiar with the CD-Rom
2) Draw, label and color Texas rivers on the map of Texas
3) Select a project from Volume I
4) Vocabulary for Vol I - complete the vocab sheet, there will be a quiz in the next class
5) Finish State Symbols flip book
- State Flag
- State Seal
- State tree
- State flower
- State bird
- State insect
- State motto
- 1 more state symbol that you find using the internet (there are a ton to choose from)
6) Watch the video on the Learning More: Caverns page about the Caverns of Sonora (you will want to go there after watching this video!!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqXj-Yw1jRU
See you next week! Come prepared to discuss Chapter 2 from Volume I and to turn in your homework.
No comments:
Post a Comment