I thought I would introduce myself to you. I am Mrs. Bauslaugh, pronounced Boz-Law, but you can call me Mrs. B if you would like. This is my first year teaching at Enrichment, but it isn't my first rodeo. I have a Masters in Education and I taught World History, US History, and Washington State History in public school to 7th - 9th graders before we had kids. To say I love history is a bit of an understatement. If I could do nothing but read history books and watch documentaries all day, I would. When I was younger than most of the students in this class, I worked as a tour guide in a pioneer home and dressed up in pioneer clothes as I walked around and told the story of the family who had lived there and founded our town. I especially love how history influences personal stories and the lives of those who have lived through it. I love to research individuals and learn about family histories.
My husband and I grew up in Washington State, but we got here as soon as we could, as they say. We have 4 kids (12, 10, 6 and 3). We love our adopted home and I look forward to learning more about this state with you this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment